Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hey everyone!

Hello,
Well I am excited to say I think I am going to enjoy my new job. At least I will stive for success before I give up. I don't mind the drive to Seattle every morning, most mornings it only take about 30 min. then the bad days are a 1 hour commute. I work with all guys except one other new girl, except she has a kid my age and no one thinks she'll make it. I like the reassurance everyone gives me, they all think I will do really well, I think that just motivates me even more. I really credit the work history I have for all of my confidence. So I have been at the mercy of all of my associates for my schedual so far. I have had to get up as early as 4:45am (tommorrow) to 7:00am (today). So my schedual varies alot and I am having a hard time ADJUSTING. That is the only complaint. All of my coworkers buy me lunch daily, it's some sort of rule since I will be covering their territorries while they all go on vacation. So we go around to restuarants all day long and take orders for food(which I can do already) and then we look and prospect for new accounts. Today was fun, we ran into a competitior at resturant we were taking an order from, my trainer got pretty mad so we got in the car and followed the guy attempting to barge in on his next resturant stop, luckily we lost the guy. I was a little nervous.
So I was hired just in time for the once a year awards banquet, sounds like a big deal. So it is at the Bena royle hall in downtown seattle and they give us all a hotel room since it ends pretty late. So we have a room at the Sheraton, sounds like fun, me first night in downtown seattle. James rented a tux for the event and I have a fancy black dress.

Well James had his oral interview with the Maple Valley Fire Dept today. We think he did very well and are excited to hear the results in about 2-3 weeks.

Good to hear you all are doing well. Miss you! Diana

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Diana, I can't believe you finally put a blog on that wasn't all about Lola. Thanks for sharing about your work. Sounds like you are doing great which I knew you would and congratulations to James also. I am so excited for both of you! What a great company to work for. Have fun this weekend. I will be thinking of you. Be sure and take some pictures for the blog. Love, MOM

zrd222 said...

You job sounds really exciting and very competitive! Call me if you ever venture to the eastside!

Rachel said...

good to hear about how you and james are doing diana! glad you like your job, it sounds really exciting. say hi to james and lola for us!