Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy 4th of July

Sorry no cute pictures, I forgot my camera at home. The kids and I are in Olympia for a few days celebrating the 4th and so far I forgot binky's and the camera. We had a fun bbq with shanna and zac tonight, kathy made some yummy hamburgers and hot dogs and my personal favorite: watermelon. Mike and Kathy took the kids down to the lake to watch the fireworks and I stayed behind with Olive and put her in bed. I hate fireworks, so I was happy to volunteer! I think tomorrow we're going to the beach and let the kids get messy and then going to yet another bbq.

Rich had a fun first day of school today, he met the other 4 people that will be going to class with him in Seattle. I thought that he would be going to the UW campus for classes, but I was wrong, it's actually office space in Bellevue (so nice because it so much closer to us). He really likes the people he'll be working with, they're very diverse in careers and really nice. They say that after all of the testing and screening that they went through, there were 800 qualified candidates. Only 5 were chosen and Rich was one of them, so I'm pretty proud of him. He also got the impression that a lot of those applicants were from Microsoft. They are going to start the accounting portion of school in a day or so, he's going to be busy because it's definately not his strength. Danny helped him in college with stats and if it wasn't for him then he probably would have failed.

Anyways, hope everyone had a fun fourth of july, zennie

1 comment:

zrd222 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.