yesterday i was fixing aurora's hair for church and out of the blue she says(imagine her sad voice),
"I want to go back to maryland."
me: "why?"
aurora: (now crying) "i miss grayson! i want to go back to maryland."
me: "i know you do sweetie, but what about your friends here. there's claire, lincoln, cole, diego, dax, tess, blake,..."(i listed every name of a child she has met out here)
aurora: "i miss grayson."
me: "well we have to stay in utah for awhile."
aurora: "why?"
me: "because this is where daddy's job is. and plus, we get to do lots of fun things here..."(listed all the things)
aurora: "i miss grayson."
she has spurts like this every now and then. she really does seem to have a lot of fun out here but no matter how much fun she has, she really just wants to go "home." poor girl. i feel bad for her. she misses her best friend and no one compares apparently.
this part is for bonny: i ask aurora every time she brings up grayson if she wants to call him and she always says no. she must have inherited my dislike for talking on the phone...phone-o-phobia, if you will :)
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, a whole post on your blog dedicated to Grayson!!! He will be so excited. Today we were babysitting my cousin's 2 year-old son Gabriel and I stuffed all 3 kids in the double stroller. I had Gabriel sit on Grayson's lap, and Grayson said, "Like `Rora sat on my lap?" remembering the day I took them to the park so you could pack. He has such a good memory! Please tell Aurora he misses her a ton. We love you guys!!!
Oh that makes me sad! Poor Aurora, I know that is sad for her. Her and Grayson were so close and have been since birth. Do you think when you go back to Maryland she will remember him? I think she will. :)
Jamie said that Grace said the other day, "I want to go home" and Jamie said, "Grace this is our home". :( She misses her friends in California also. :( Give Ty and Aurora lots of hugs and kisses from Nana! I miss you guys!!
Post a Comment